Here are some silly jokes and oral health trivia that teachers and parents can share with children.
Q: What did the vampire say after the dentist finished checking his teeth?
A: Fang you very much!
Q: What do explorers call it when they go searching for fossil teeth?
A: A molar expedition!
Q: Why didn't the astronaut bring her toothbrush?
A: She thought that the moon had no cavities!
Q: Why did the male deer visit the orthodontist?
A: He wanted to get his buck teeth fixed!
Q: When the dentist went to the fair, what did he like even better than the roller coaster?
A: The fluor "ride"!
- An elephant's tooth can weigh three kilograms? That's heavier than a big jug of milk!
- Even though whales are very big, some of them don't have any teeth. Instead, they have rows of stiff hair like combs that take food out of the ocean.
- Snails are very small but they can have thousands of tiny teeth all lined up in rows.
- Minnows have teeth in their throat.
- Rabbit teeth never stop growing. They are worn down by gnawing on bark and other hard foods.
- Lemon sharks grow a new set of teeth every two weeks. They grow more than 24,000 new teeth every year!
- Every year in China, people celebrate a special holiday called "Love Your Teeth Day".