|More Information||Classified Ads|
|For Authors||Continuing Education|
Guest Editorial - Should We All Sleep Now?FULL TEXT
• Sarah Hulland, BSc, DDS, Dip Ped Dent, MSc, FRCD(C) •
1. Motas D, McDermott NB, VanSickle T, Friesen RH. Depth of consciousness and deep sedation attained in children as administered by nonanaesthesiologists in a children’s hospital. Paediatr Anaesth 2004; 14(3):256–60.
2. American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry; American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Committee on Sedation and Anesthesia. Guideline on the elective use of minimal, moderate and deep sedation and general anesthesia for pediatric dental patients. Pediatr Dent 2005; 27(7 Reference Manual):110–8.
3. American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Council on Clinical Affairs – Sedation and General Anesthesia Subcommittee. Guideline on use of anesthesia care providers in the administration of in-office deep sedation/general anesthesia to the pediatric dental patient. Pediatr Dent 2006; 28(7 Reference Manual):119–21.
4. American Academy of Pediatrics; American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry; Cote CJ, Wilson S; Working Group on Sedation. Guidelines for monitoring and management of pediatric patients during and after sedation for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures: an update. Pediatric 2006; 118(6):2587–602. Available from URL: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/118/6/2587?etoc.
5. Rutherford J, Stevenson R. Careful physical examination is essential in the preoperative assessment of children for dental extractions under general anesthesia. Paediatr Anaesth 2004; 14(11):920–3.
6. Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. Guidelines: Use of sedation and general anesthesia in dental practice. January 2005. p. 1–20.
7. Alberta Dental Association and College. Standards for use of conscious sedation in non-hospital dental practice. Revised March 22, 2006. p. 1–19.
8. College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. Minimal and moderate sedation services in dentistry (non-hospital facilities). Rev: December 2006. Available from URL: http://www.cdsbc.org/pdf/Min_&_Mod_Sedation_Services_in_Dentistry_Dec_2006.pdf.
9. College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. Deep sedation services in dentistry (non-hospital facilities). Rev: March 2004. Available from URL http://www.cdsbc.org/pdf/Deep_Sedation_Services_in_Dentistry_(Mar2004).pdf.
Full text provided in PDF format
|Mission Statement & Editor's Message |
Multimedia Centre |
Contact the Editor | Français